turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Report foreign bank accounts

I searched form 8938 on Turbotax, and chose to go to 8938 topic directly. Now, I need to report 2 foreign bank accounts. After I finished the first bank account info and clicked Continue, there is no way I can report the second bank account. As the next page asks "Do you have other foreign Financial Assets to Report?". If I answer Yes. I have Other Foreign Financial Assets to report (other than foreign deposit and custodial accounts), but my second bank account is also a deposit account. I can't answer No. Any ideas? Should I file 8938 form on paper? In 8938 instruction, there is no address where I should send the form to. 

Thanks for any help!  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Still waiting for some help. In my opinion, this is a Turbotax bug. I called Intuit customer service. After some waiting, the representative gave me a number and told me call them, they will answer your question. But that number they gave me is for tax audit support. I am so disappointed with the customer service rep. Any suggestion will be appreciated.  

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Actually you need to answer no to the question if you I have Other Foreign Financial Assets to report (other than foreign deposit and custodial accounts). The very next screen looks like this after you entered the no answer.

then the next screen looks like this.

Let us know if this works. just remember to answer no, instead of yes to the question I have Other Foreign Financial Assets to report (other than foreign deposit and custodial accounts),

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Dave! This solved my puzzle. Appreciate your answer! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies