Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GDB-KU
Returning Member

Rental Property is Reporting incorrectly, can't seem to fix

Quicken Rents Error for California.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GDB-KU
Returning Member

When I add the picture, it seemed to delete the words so I am adding them here.

I am a California resident, filing with Kansas rental properties.  In California, you pay taxes on all rentals no matter where the property is located.  

For the filing year, I have a loss shown for federal, but because it is a loss, I thought that the California adjustment should be $0, not the amount of the loss itself.  

1.  Is this correct as I think?

2.  Is there something wrong with TurboTax

3.  How can I resolve this?

GDB

GDB-KU
Returning Member

2021 Improper LLC for Kansas properites.png

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It's hard to determine what is going on without being able to actually look at your return.  An option available is for you to provide a TurboTax ".tax2023" file to us that is experiencing this issue so we can take a look at your return.  This will help determine what the issue is and provide you with a solution. 

If this is something you'd like to do, and as it appears you are using TurboTax desktop, on your menu bar at the very top, click Online and then Send Tax File to Agent.  When you click to send, you will get a pop-up asking you if you want to send a diagnostic copy for an agent.  Select send and then you will get another popup with a token number.

If you happen to be using TurboTax Online, select an income section on your return to pull up the Tax Tools option on the left side of the screen.  When you see Tax Tools, click on it.  You will then select Tools.  This will pull up a pop up box titled Tools Center.  In this box, select Share my file with Agent.  Click okay on the pop up informing you of what a diagnostic copy is.  You will then get a pop up box with a token number.   

Reply with the token number and we’ll be able to open a TurboTax file with your numbers but not your personal information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies