Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KD0027
Returning Member

Rental Property Improvements

I did a major remodeling project on a rental house in 2023. Placed it in service May 1st 2023. When I add an asset to the property, the next question TT asks is "Describe the Asset". None of the selections seem to fit my improvement project. Can anyone talk me through adding this asset?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The total project would have a recovery period of 27.5 years, the same as the underlying property.

Thus, select Rental Real Estate Property from the list and then Residential Rental Real Estate.

View solution in original post

Yes, cost of land is $0 and date placed in service is the date the project was completed (and paid for, presumably).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The total project would have a recovery period of 27.5 years, the same as the underlying property.

Thus, select Rental Real Estate Property from the list and then Residential Rental Real Estate.

KD0027
Returning Member

Then just leave the cost of land blank and use the date placed in service as the date purchased?

Yes, cost of land is $0 and date placed in service is the date the project was completed (and paid for, presumably).

KD0027
Returning Member

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies