Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Remove “Other Country” from Info Wks

When I fill in my address information (Easy Step: Personal Info →  You & Your Family → Where Do You Receive Your Mail?) for the “U.S. Address” dropdown selection some of its information is also filled in for these other address dropdowns:

1. APO/DPO/FPO Address (copied: street address, zip, and phone number)
  2. U.S. Territory Address (copied: street address, city, zip, and phone number)
  3. Foreign Address (copied: phone number only)

And after clicking “Continue,” the displayed “Mailing Address & Phone Number:” is missing my state and zip and displays “Other Country” where the state ought to be.

In the Forms view, within the document Info Wks, the “US Address” portion of “Part II - Address and Federal Filing Status” has both my  state and zip.  Unfortunately, the check box “Check this box to use foreign address” in the “Foreign Address” portion just below is yellow and an error is flagged because it is not checked.  The remainder of the “Foreign Address” portion is empty except for “Foreign Country,” which contains “Other Country” and can not be edited/removed.

Forms View, Info WksForms View, Info Wks

My US Address was fine and there was no requirement for a Foreign Address until I entered a K-1 that contained a Foreign Taxes Paid distribution. 

How do I get:

1. My US Address to display fully in Easy Step; and
  2. Remove “Other Country” from Info Wks, which will presumably remove the checkbox requirement?

Thank you.

PS:  I’m using TurboTax Deluxe for Mac, 2022.r20.041

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@MarilynG1 

Nevermind. 

Quitting and restarting TurboTax seems to have fixed it.

Info Wks now has no errors.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

In the My Info section, check the address for each person on your return, as well as the Mailing Address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MarilynG1 

Thank you for your reply.

None of the other people on the return, spouse and one dependent, have a mailing address: spouse has only a state residency and there is no information for dependent.

Personal Info → You & Your Family → Your Personal Info SummaryPersonal Info → You & Your Family → Your Personal Info Summary

Regarding Personal Info → You & Your Family → Where Do You Receive Your Mail?

As I said in my original post, information from my US Address is automatically copied into every other address type.  (See original post for a detailed list of what is copied for each address type.) 

Information removed from another type of address is also removed from the US Address.  For example, Foreign Address contains only a phone number.  If I delete the Foreign Address phone number, it is also removed from my US Address.

How do I get rid of that Foreign Address phone number without removing if from my US Address?

Thank you.

@MarilynG1 

Nevermind. 

Quitting and restarting TurboTax seems to have fixed it.

Info Wks now has no errors.

Thank you.

This is a problem.  I had to restart the program 4 times until it was fixed.  THIS IS A BUG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies