Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


 I received a letter from IRS stating they adjusted my original return due to it being over by $2800. However I had already filed an amended return on 3/1 and they took $2800 from my bank account. When should I get that money back?

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert


Hello @drewp1978 


When you get your refund back is up to the IRS. Unfortunately, you have to wait for them to process your amended return and they are currently backed up. The IRS does have a tool to help you determine where they are in the process. Please use the link : 


Thank you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies