Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery Rebate - Turbo Tax said I was eligible, completed tax form has nothing

Hello,

I just completed my tax return through turbo tax online. While completing the information, it stated that I was eligible for the recovery rebate ($3,400 first round, $2,400 second round). I received $1,941 in the first round and nothing in the second round. I entered this information when the questions asked me, but it never added the credit to my tax return. I am unsure what next steps I should take? Now that I have filed, it will not let me look at that section again.  Thank you for your help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Recovery Rebate - Turbo Tax said I was eligible, completed tax form has nothing

Please, check line 30 of your Form 1040 if the Recovery Rebate Credit on your return. Please be aware that the Recovery Rebate Credit will be included in the refund amount shown in TurboTax and line 34 of Form 1040.

If the Recovery Rebate Credit is not listed on your return but you qualify then you will have to amend your return (Form 1040X) once your original return has been processed.  You can e-file your 2020 amended federal tax return. Please see FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

To be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit you need to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien in 2020 and have a Social Security number that is valid for employment.

You cannot be claimed as a dependent by someone else to be eligible. 

Your credit amount will be reduced if your 2020 adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than: 

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals filing as a single or as married filing separately.  

Your payment will be reduced by 5% of the amount by which your AGI exceeds the applicable threshold above. (IRS FAQ Recovery Rebate Credit )

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies