Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lppwhaler

I want to begin doing my own taxes for tax year 2019. Is there a way to track my deductions as I go with turbo tax program?

Can I begin tracking my deductions for 2019 by using something in the turbo tax program so it is easier than keeping up with so much at the end of the year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I want to begin doing my own taxes for tax year 2019. Is there a way to track my deductions as I go with turbo tax program?

Did you mean charitable donations or self employment expenses?
lppwhaler

No, just want a tracking system for all deductions.  Want some kind of form, spreadsheet to write in various expenses that can be deducted instead of just filing receipts and and looking back at statements.
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can use ItsDeductable all year round, and then import it into TurboTax when you are ready to file your tax return. You can learn more about ItsDeductable by visiting the website below. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lppwhaler

Thank you.  This is helpful information.  

I have been using It's Deductible for years "at tax time".  I like the idea of keeping up with donations throughout the year.  But I have questions, and the link doesn't seem to take me where I need to go to get answers.  

For instances, if I have recurring monthly donations, should I enter them each month?  Will the year end report have them all together?  I am so used to doing the one, various, how many, how much?  And doing it that way is easiest if all the donations to a specific charity are the same every month.

And second, if I want to enter monthly donations to the same charity, do I need to use the app?  Of, if I enter them individually on the website, will the annual report collate them?

Thank you.  It's Deductible is great!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies