turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

school202

With the IRS get my payment, I still keep getting Payment Status Not Available and I've read payments have gotten delayed through these tax services, what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

With the IRS get my payment, I still keep getting Payment Status Not Available and I've read payments have gotten delayed through these tax services, what do I do?

The statement "Payment Status Not Available" would not have anything to do with TurboTax or other tax services. This normally means the IRS does not have information for you to allow them to set a payment. If you registered by filing a tax return, the payment will not be set until your tax return is completely processed.

The glitch with tax services is for filers who had their tax preparation fees paid from their federal refund. The payments for those filers are scheduled and sent but they go to the wrong bank account. They go to the bank that took the fees from the refund. That bank declines the stimulus payment and the IRS then issues a check and mails it to the filer.

The IRS is way behind in processing tax returns. They are currently not processing any mailed returns and haven't been for some time. They have not said when they will begin processing them again.

wait for the delays to be ended.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies