turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

userella-silk25
Returning Member

Will I receive my stimulus payment for 2021? I received one last year in the mail, but I didn’t use TT. Also, I recovered it in the “recovery rebate” but didn’t apply.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Will I receive my stimulus payment for 2021? I received one last year in the mail, but I didn’t use TT. Also, I recovered it in the “recovery rebate” but didn’t apply.

If you are entitled to the second stimulus payment and have not yet received it, yes you can. The best way to get any missing stimulus payment is to file the 2020 tax return and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit

When completing this section, report any amount already received even though you did not use TurboTax last year. If you did not receive anything for one of the payments, enter 0 for that payment. 

To return to the stimulus area for your return, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. Otherwise, enter what you have received. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

userella-silk25
Returning Member

I tried all of that, but it didn’t show in my documents after I filed with TT a week ago. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you did not receive a first or second-round stimulus payment, TurboTax will use 2020 income to determine whether you are entitled to the Recovery Rebate Credit to recapture any stimulus payments you should have received.  

Per the IRS, your Recovery Rebate Credit amount will be phased out if your adjusted gross income for 2020 exceeds $150,000 if you are married filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower, $112,500 if you are using the head of household filing status, or $75,000 if you are using any other filing status.

To qualify, you also must:

• Be a US citizen or resident alien.
  • Not be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return. 

If you received a Recovery Rebate Credit when you did your return, it would be on your 1040, page 2, Line 30. If there is not credit on that line of your return, then you might not have qualified based on your 2020 income. 

@userella-silk25

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
userella-silk25
Returning Member

Ok, thank you that was very well said. Have a great day. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies