Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jerry4

Why is there a $2500 amount 1099-A. 1099-C amount under Miscellaneous Income? I did not receive Misc income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why is there a $2500 amount 1099-A. 1099-C amount under Miscellaneous Income? I did not receive Misc income

There's got to be an amount for $2,500 somewhere.  If you don't feel you should have that, here is how to Delete it:

1.  Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.

2.  Click Income across the top.

3.  Scroll down to Less Common Income and click Show more.

4.  Click Start or Revisit by Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.

I'm in the same boat! I can't figure out why there is an amount (in my case $1213) in the Miscellaneous Income, 1099A, 1099-C Row. I've just finished inputting W-2s, Schedule C 1099s, refunds and dividends but there is no $1213 figure in any of that. This is so frustrating. Please help!

Hal_Al
Level 15

The answer is still the same. There's got to be an amount for $1213 somewhere.  If you don't feel you should have that, here is how to Delete it:

In TurboTax (TT), enter at:
- Federal Taxes tab (Personal in  Home & Business)

- Wages & Income

Scroll down to:

-Less Common Income 

-Misc Income, 1099-A, 1099-C (Click update.  If the start button is still there, stop.  This isn't where the entry error was made)

- On the next screen, look for categories with an update button, most likely  Other reportable income 

TimPlatt

I have followed your instructions three times. The amount is the same as the income for my Schedule C. I have answered NO for all Misc income and the amount will NOT return to zero. Why is TurboTax importing the amount from my Schedule C to Miscellaneous Income?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@TimPlatt Since we can't see your return in this forum, it sounds like your 1099-Misc was entered in two places; miscellaneous income and also as self-employment income on Schedule C.

In the '1099-Misc' section, your entry has to 'link' to Schedule C to be transferred there, so you don't need to enter it again.

If it didn't link properly, and you entered it again as Business Income, this double reporting can happen. 

Try typing '1099-misc' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 1099-misc'.

At the '1099-Misc Summary' page, delete the 1099-Misc entry that you reported as Business Income.

Click this link for more info on Reporting Business Income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies