Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mart048

Why does my Charles Schwab login id (which works fine when I log in to the Schwab website) say "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why does my Charles Schwab login id (which works fine when I log in to the Schwab website) say "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"?

For document import, some brokers use a different 

login id requirement   from your regular login.

MadisonWI

I have this problem too. It doesn't matter what I type in the login field. And it gives this error before I type in any password. So the error is not specific to my Schwab account. I think this is a problem with TurboTax.

The Schwab requirements for a password are:

Not case sensitive

May not match or contain SSN

May contain only letters and numbers

Has at least one letter

Anonymous
Not applicable

using premier should work.  it's your normal user id and password.      for problems, I would suggest calling Schwab.   

I have no trouble at all with Schwab.  I just tested it and it worked fine.

A couple of possibilities.    

Can you log into your regular Schwab account?  The Schwab import server used the same login as the regular account but is a totally different server and there might be an error in Schwab on that server.

Does your Schwab user name or password contain any special characters?    They might not be getting passed through the filters.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies