Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wfabrie

When I type in the 1099 B information my federal refund increases as opposed to when I import the same information from TD Ameritrade. Yes the numbers are the same...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

When I type in the 1099 B information my federal refund increases as opposed to when I import the same information from TD Ameritrade. Yes the numbers are the same...

Perhaps you are incorrectly selecting a long term holding period as opposed to a short term holding period.  The  direct downloads are usually very accurate.

The difference is probably in the basis field.

wfabrie

There were several transactions with a capitol loss, so I'm wondering if the totals when imported do not reflect that?  

wfabrie

Nope, correctly selected the appropriate holdings.  Wondering if the import did not since there were 3 separate holding definitions?

I would double-check each transaction to make sure every transaction has cost and sale information and that the input is the same as the 1099.  Also make sure dividends and interest have been included.  If you're dealing with employee stock option transactions, you will need to adjust those costs.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies