turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

Thanks!  This is great!

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

Hi TurboTax, @GabiU 

Is there an estimated date?  Thank you for responding.  Glad to see you are taking into mind the user feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shashi

That's a nice announcement. However:

* The in-program link to "more details" still references 2012 release notes, which redirect to a generic community page.

* I can't find any actual release notes.

I need to have release notes ASAP, for my current discussion with the IRS.

There are no release notes.   They activated the link so that it is no longer a dead link.     I know of no plans to publish release notes other than the forms lists that the link point to.   The Windows desktop version was the only version that EVER had any release notes and they were very sparse, incomplete and mostly useless  and  that that was discontinued about 2 years ago.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
lrodney
Returning Member

When will Intuit provide actual information in the Release Notes for Turbo Tax.  I get an update for forms and the program.  The links provide no information about what is contained in the update so that I can determine if I need to do anything with regard to my tax forms. 

It is very disappointing that we users  STILL (Oct. 3, 2020) can not see the details of what a software update includes. I have been using TurboTax for over 30 years and feel that it and Intuit support is getting worse not better.  You are pushing me to try some other software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GabiU 

Still waiting. My state refund changed after the last update. So I need to go digging and find out that Turbo Tax had fixed an error.  But there's nothing documenting this change that I can find. 

I am still amazed that there are no Release Notes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GabiU 

"Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. "  4/9/2020

Is this still true? It's been a year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies