Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sbrodfue

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

What is the link for the 2019 Release Notes for the desktop product? The previous release notes link is invalid with the new support site

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

37 Replies

The release notes have been removed from the TurboTax site and the actual link (seen in the update box) should be removed in some future release. 

If you need to contact Support (link below) you can do so during regular business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

zeisero1

Why in the world would you not want to inform your customers about changes to their software product, and instead force them to call you to find out what a program update contains?  Bizarre customer focus!!!

Agree with other user.  Why would you not keep users informed of changes to software and tax forms?  This violates any and all software release best commercial practices.  I've been a customer since 2004 but that may change as "support" is left up to the "community" and your contact options other than "phone support" are nonexistent.

I agree with others about the link to updates that is non existent.

I have been a customer for many years and I guess I will have to migrate to another software.

Very disappointing.

Like most everyone else coming here via the hyperlink in the application updates results window, I have the same question...

Here is some feedback for Intuit.  I also provided mostly the same feedback via a "web survey".  Hopefully they have some AI bots running over this forum looking for keywords to gauge customer dis-satisfaction.

Is it REALLY that hard to fix the hyperlink in the program update results dialog to NOT point to a non-existent page? The least you could do for your customers is to put a web page up at the current program dialog URL that APOLOGIZES for the fact that you apparently do NOT intend to provide Release Notes! I could do that with just 5 minutes of my time. You wouldn't need to spend a dime on this. Please put some effort into it!

Seriously, this is Web 101 level stuff.  PLEASE FIX IT.

Of course you have a captive audience Intuit, as nobody here buys your product because they feel they have a real choice.  But still, shouldn't you at least try to look like you care?

Still broken and no landing page!!   My trust in TurboTax is rapidly deteriorating!

I need to be able to see the release notes of software that is handling my taxes so I know whether a bug will force me to file corrections. If Intuit insists on obfuscating release notes I will move my entire household to a competing product.

I agree with the comments from customers.  This is really bad policy to hide the release notes.  How does one know if a customer needs to re-file?   At a minimum it is good to keep your customers informed of the changes.  This is incredibly annoying.   As a long-time TurboTax user I would definitely consider switching to a different product.   This shouldn't be rocket science to fix.   At least be upfront with why it was removed.

When I opened TT the other day, it downloaded "critical updates" of March 12.  This is disconcerting by itself.  And, like others noted, the link for "more details" leads to a dead page.  What the heck?  How incompetent and idiotic is that?  I need to know if my already filed tax return is OK?  I submitted a separate inquiry on this, but I suspect it will go unanswered.  Anyone at TT actually paying attention?

@williasp wrote:

I need to know if my already filed tax return is OK? 

TurboTax will notify you if you need to amend due to a programming error.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/do-i-need-to-amend/00/27607

Further, you can start TurboTax, after the update, and see if anything has changed, particularly, your refund or tax due amount.

That's all good, but it doesn't address the issue of informing your users about what has changed.   As a retired software engineer, I like to know what has changed and I know Intuit must be keeping a list of changes.   Publishing a sanitized version giving basic information is simply good customer relations.

I have used this product since Chipsoft - no more after this year if I do not have a chance to review release notes.  I do not want to search your forums.  When  you update your program - I want the right to see what has changed.  This is hairbrained stupid idea.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"TurboTax has removed release notes for the TurboTax software effective for tax year 2019". Ref: TurboTax

GabiU
Level 15

@LeonardS and @tagteam are correct. 

We are frequently updating our product to provide users with the best experience possible. To find out more details on updates to our product, please refer to the IRS Forms Availability and State Forms Availability FAQs.

For all other questions regarding the product, please search for Help Articlesstart a discussion, or reach out to social or phone support.

Again, we thank you all for your feedback and the community team has passed this information along to our colleagues. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies