Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is reject code f8960

Yep.  My Federal and State were accepted last week.  

Anyone hearing how long it’s taking for refunds to be approved (once accepted)? 

Mine was excepted one week ago after being rejected five times probably will take the average of three weeks for refunds

Has anyone's status changed from "Accepted" to "Approved"?

Filed my 02/19/2023 at 8:13 AM CST and it was accepted at 11:05 AM CST, however, my status hasn't changed from accepted to approved on the IRS website.

Filed 2/19 also. Where's My Refund showed the refund amount for about a week and then it disappeared, not sure if there's any significance to that. Everything shows it's still processing though.

Yes, and I received my state refund today.

It's a IRS federal issue. See HERE  for more details.  See also  HERE  Tax Year 2022 which includes this reject error and the 

Form type 8960.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@tanochurch4 

Filed last Monday, Feb. 20:

• I logged in at irs.gov yesterday and its says it will take up to 21 days for an e-filing to be processed.
  • One state's status is says "pending" in the app even though I received an "accepted" email from TurboTax and the state website says it's being processed.
  • The other state's status say "accepted" in the app, and I can't check the status with the state since they only seem to do this when checking refund status (and I'm not waiting on a refund).

FWIW I think the IRS website also said 6 weeks for paper though, from what I've seen on the interwebs, a paper filing takes much, much, much longer...

rwgjr
Returning Member

TurboTax Home and Business for MacOS is still showing my taxes as rejected. However, they were accepted by the IRS on the 16th and I received my state refund in my checking account today.

I also filed on February 19 and my federal filing says accepted, but they have not approved the refund yet. I am really hoping they do it soon!!!

RKR2
Level 3

I finally successfully filed on February 19 and today my state refund hit my bank account.  When I log into the IRS site to check the status of my refund it still says "pending" for my federal refund.  My state refund usually showed up before my federal in previous years, too, though.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

You can request a current year transcript to know for certain your return has been received and is being processed.  The IRS page below will show you when you can request it and you can keep checking back until it shows up.

@RKR2 

@purjen97

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Had the issue with Form 8960 and finally got my federal return accepted on February 19. It was processed overnight (March 3-4) but when I log into my IRS account under 2022 my 'Refund Amount as Shown on Return when Filed' is my expected refund increased by the tax from Form 8960. And on my transcript I have a code 570: Additional account action pending for March 27. Anybody else seeing something similar?

Hi - I also have code 570 and my "additional account pending" date is 3/20/2023. Further, I  noticed that my initial refund amount has been reduced per my 2022 transcript. Looks like the IRS is taxing 3.8% of what ever is in line 4b of Form 8960 and the tax software I used did not account for this additional tax. 

What do you mean? 4b should be negative if the income is from self-employed business where the owner contributed in the generation of of that income and it should offset what is in 4a. At least, that's what my TT did for my  8960.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies