Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rwgjr
Returning Member

What is reject code f8960

I got the emails that said both my federal and state returns were accepted. However, When I check the e-file status in Turbo Tax Desktop it still says rejected with the same message about filing today. My state income tax site does confirm the tax return was received.

RKR2
Level 3

I logged out and logged back in and now Federal says "accepted" and state still says "pending."

I think turbo tax is lying to us. TT shows accepted but the IRS Where’s My Refund tool is only showing “received”.

Edit: Oops I got mixed up with Accepted/ Approved. The IRS tool Received status is the same as the TT Accepted status.

Filed and accepted 2/20/23

Me too! It's fixed folks!!

Yup, finally appears to be fixed!  Federal and State accepted.

is it safe to re-file yet?

bobfrye

Yes. Both Fed and State accepted 

Absolutely. You are dealing with a Government agency. They are not bound by any schedules. Oly consumers are bound by those. There is no performance criteria for their employees.  Fed agencies could care less about schedules Don't count on issue being fixed soon. It may happen that on filing date, we may have to submit Paper returns, as the problem will still persist. It will be nice to see some action from TT people.

I just refiled today 02/21 @ 7pm and IRS accepted it within 30 minutes.  TT had an update on Saturday morning but I wanted to wait a little longer. Go for it before everyone does the same and the IRS gets flooded with returns 😂

Anyone try again recently?

Yes, see above; this issue was resolved over the weekend and many people have been getting their federal returns accepted now.

Yes, I filed yesterday morning the 21st and both federal and state were excepted after four rejections. My advice is go ahead and do it now. 

This review error of "MWP qualifying as difficulty of care....." is due to the IRS 8960 update/error.

Issue is with TurboTax desktop allowing 1099 MISC to be entered into Schedule C as income.

Even though there is a box to select and users are allowed to enter their 1099 MISC inside the Business, the Employer should have actually issued a 1099 NEC, if the taxpayer is wanting to enter this into a Schedule C.

SOLUTION / Work around:

Go to Schedule C, income, update.  Remove 1099 MISC.

Go to General business Income, just below that, and click start. 

Enter this income in box as 1099misc and the amount.

This allocates the income properly to the Schedule C and reports that it's a 1099 misc for the business.

um, it's fixed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies