Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

teddy01

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

I just fixed my login problem that same way that Merciel did on April 5, 2022 by creating a new password on my Wells Fargo Advisers account by removing two special characters. Prior to this change my password was being rejected by the Turbo Tax login page as invalid. After the change, i was able to import my 2022 1099 Tax info. 

sagsag

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

I found that to import from Wells Fargo if that doesn't work (from drop down menu) try the following:

From the drop down menu list of Banks & Brokers try First Clearing, they are the backroom /accounting arm of Wells Fargo.

teddy01

I had two special characters in my password that apparently were getting blocked. Import worked after I removed the special characters from my password on my Wells Fargo account.

Wells Fargo Advisors is not working for me either, getting the "... invalid userid or password" error message.  I can log into WFA on my win10 system via Chrome just fine. I imported into TT from 2 other institutions just fine.  I tried First Clearing and get the same error.  I've been able to import WFA in many previous years.

Update to my previous post.  I tried changing my WFA password and the import worked.  I did eliminate special characters from the new password just in case (most places require a special char, but WF doesn't).  So I don't know if the cure is not having any special chars, or just changing the password by itself.  In past years, I've been able to import with special chars in the password, so I'm thinking it's just a password refresh that fixed the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies