Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W4

What I need to change in my W4 to not get federal and state reimbursement at the end of the year

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
awatkins2
Expert Alumni

W4

Hi, this is a very good question. You should 1st try to figure out how much in taxes you will actually owe. The first thing you should do is use a tax estimator, here is a good one to use: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/  You can also read all about how to estimate your withholding here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-forms/how-to-estimate-federal-withholding/L99CO0yTK  . Once you have used these links, contact them to submit a new W-4 to them. If you do not do it this way you will probably have a large tax bill to pay with your tax return and can even incur penalties and interest so please be careful with your withholding.

RobertY
Expert Alumni

W4

Hi @Pepe2,

I believe you are referring to a federal and state refund with your tax return.

To estimate how much taxes you will owe for 2023, please use our free 2023 Form W-4 calculator. This will give you a general idea of how much taxes you should withhold and what you should fill out on your Form W-4. If you are unsure of what to enter, a good starting point will be to use your 2022 tax return. Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

Thank you!

Robert

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies