turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carrot777

Used freefile at the beg. of April.Still shows refund($8) pending(IRS site).Used turbotax in desperation Friday.IRS already rejected.Why FF delay?Is no EIP bc of pending?

Why did IRS already receive, review,and reject TurboTax return I filed on Friday, but Free File that I completed on APRIL 3RD is still PENDING? Also, is the reason for not getting an Economic Impact Payment because my original return is still pending acceptance? I made around $200 and my refund amount was $8.
What is going on and why can we not have our RELIEF?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Used freefile at the beg. of April.Still shows refund($8) pending(IRS site).Used turbotax in desperation Friday.IRS already rejected.Why FF delay?Is no EIP bc of pending?

If you efiled a return through Free File, you cannot file a second return with the same SSN through TurboTax (or any other service). The IRS will reject it. It sounds like that happened here. 

If you filed April 3rd, please be patient. For most filers with direct deposit information, it can take up to 21 days for the refund to be processed. 

Regarding the EIP/stimulus, the IRS has not given TurboTax any official guidance as to when stimulus payments for every taxpayer will be released. As long as you provided your direct deposit information/card information or mailing address information, you will receive the stimulus when it is released to you (as long as you otherwise qualify for it).

The IRS rolled out the "Get My Payment" tool here. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS doesn't  have your direct deposit information and if they haven't sent your payment yet.
  • Receive paper check payments: If you moved since you last filed, let us know your new mailing address.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If your Refund is pending, then your Return was accepted. A Return must be accepted for processing before any Refund action is attempted.  You can Not e-file a second return for the same taxpayer, same year; attempts will be rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies