Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LoriG

Tax Year 2020: TurboTax Updates on Unemployment Tax Relief

Using TurboTax Home and Business and waiting for the update for the unemployment exemption. I just tried a manual update, nothing. When will the update be released for this? 

Thanks, 

Lori

When I search online it indicates that the Online version is updated but I am not using the Online version and it doesn't seem the fix has been integrated into an update yet for the non-online version yet. Has this worked for others?

It is still not updated on my desktop version. I just checked for updates this morning. The last I heard it was supposed to be updated today. 

I am a long time user of TT, since 1998!!  This is very disappointing as I am trying to finish my taxes, when will this be updated, and will we get instructions on how to update it properly???  

3 / 25 and still waiting for the update

I signed up for updates about a week ago and have not had any updates yet.

I just check my Desktop,Updates. Nothing! Why can't they TurboTax Managers just say its going to happen at a certain point. I spent 5 minutes on the phone with customer service yesterday and she was as frustrated as I was! Communication is everything. Someone, Somewhere knows what is going on! Communicate!! Why do the powers do be not want to talk. As big as Intuit is, one would think someone has a CLUE!!!

Today is 03/25/2021,i didn't see TurboTax update the software!

@alice  - no updates here either. I'm using TT Premier.  I'm hoping the update is soon. I'm on Mac, so no manual updates for me.

My understanding is that for desktop users, the updates come in the evening or the following morning so see if something comes up tonight, or tomorrow morning.

As frustrating and annoying as this is, I'm sure we will get the promised update.  

alec

I purchased the business turbo tax program and want to know when it will be updated with the NEW CREDIT FOR UNEMPLOYMENT RELIEF in the State of Ohio?  I do not see it updated yet?  

[email address removed] is e-mail [phone number removed] phone

valerie citino

ET25
Level 1

So, are you saying the announcement of having the software updated by last Thursday (3/18) afternoon was not totally true?  This is concerning when no ETA even though IRS has extended the filing until 5/17.

It is frustrating await to hear from Turbo Tax since Friday 03/19/21.  Maybe we will switch to H & R Block next year!

The update did not work on PC either 

I’ve been using TT for many years and never had as issue. I am disappointed that the update is taking so long,  but to be fair, this was a last minute decision by the Senate to add this to the stimulus. It wasn’t in the original bill from the House. I watched a Senate hearing yesterday with Yellen and Powell. The states seem to still be waiting for direction from the federal government, so I am sure there is more involved than we know. It would be nice if there was more communication, but I am not going to hold TT totally responsible for the delay. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies