Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

luroch

TurboTax asks to upload 1099-B, but I don't have one. I trade stocks in a foreign country & track trades in a file formatted as Form 8949. Can I upload that instead?

These trades are made in a Brazilian's stock exchange thru a Brazilian online broker. They do not provide a 1099-B since it's not a US firm. The broker provides documents for every single trade, but not a consolidated summary like 1099-B, so I created my own Excel tracking file mirroring exactly Form 8949 structure where I list every single trade (5-page long). When entering the data into TurboTax, I only entered 1 summarized item with the combined proceeds/cost basis of all these multiple trades combined (with code M).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax asks to upload 1099-B, but I don't have one. I trade stocks in a foreign country & track trades in a file formatted as Form 8949. Can I upload that instead?

your report is good

put a header with your Name SSN, and tax year on top.

The file must be in PDF Format.

If you can't see how to do that, the free program CutePDF will print your spreadsheet to PDF.

TurboTax has started to ask for your file in PDF format when you e-File.

Otherwise, you can mail it in to IRS separately.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

your report is good

put a header with your Name SSN, and tax year on top.

The file must be in PDF Format.

If you can't see how to do that, the free program CutePDF will print your spreadsheet to PDF.

TurboTax has started to ask for your file in PDF format when you e-File.

Otherwise, you can mail it in to IRS separately.

luroch

Awesome, thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies