Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

When I posted that tread from reddit I was trying to show everyone that people were saying they got notice of that. 

Sammonroe, better person than me obviously. I didn't "qualify" for the advance lol.

Sounds to me like the only thing that matters is that's the card the IRS has on file for you for dir del, and it should hit that card.

I am about to go loco for a Bankhit!

Ha ha, and we're all here still fussing ,debating ,drawing straws and pulling our hair out🙉

I am gonna work on my stimulus dir dep budget and flick some channels. I just woke up from an almost 2 hour nap? And fiendishly reached for this phone and posted....like twice. Over and out till the 🌞 Sunny side of the am

Do any of you who got the deposit notification file with an IRS Identity Protection PIN? I'm fairly certain I'll get the deposit on the Turbo Card as the direct deposit information matches what's on my 1040 but I'm wondering if its going to take longer for people with IP PINs as it tends to take longer for us with tax returns or payments just in general because of the extra security layer involved in it.

@Fireguy what is the source of your information?

I have an IP pin. Used it to file my taxes, went thru, all good. IRS/doesn't have time to mess with IP pins for the stimulus. They are pushing this money off STAT on everyone All Points Go!

22CCF42B-B21D-42AF-94FF-DD8BD80C1CB0.jpeg

Someone sent this to me, I hoping this means that we might be able to use the portal when it become available?

How can yall not know still? The payments have started being issued.  Why not just tell us. Smh!

The way I read it is they are required to provide and allow the accounts to be used for the deposit. I would imagine if you no longer have the account (closed it) then you would have to use whatever portal to give updated info. That’s my take away. I also looked at the help section in the tt app and it doesn’t state it won’t be used just defers to the irs website for payment info, I would think they would have something posted in that section if it was an issue.

6DF1D984-BD04-4120-AE60-95CC13ACF0A6.png

@Chris199  that’s the way I read it too, unless u used the Walmart card ones that are listed. Am I wrong?

@Chris199 

The part that throws me is where it says that’s holding banks will not be receiving funds for their clients. Is SBTPG a holding bank? I’m not sure what one is

They are holding banks for the refunds yes but what it’s saying is the hold bank has to give the irs the acct info and the irs will deposit directly to our accts vs the holding bank doing it so if you have a ttcard you are fine and will get the deposit. 

Beautiful!!

It is reported that the IRS would start to issue "stimulus checks" via direct deposit on April 9th. It is now April 12th, and they have only actually started issuing payments yesterday, April 11th. Considering how much processing, paperwork, and cut backs, we will most likely see the emergency fund from April 11th-May 1st. Just stay up to date with news and don't believe un trusted sources for information. Check your bank account daily for the deposit, otherwise paper checks will not be sent out till the beginning of May.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies