Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Very true. SBTG collects a fee for their service and the IRS will not give them a fee for their service so they will not participate. 
If they were allowed to take a fee from your stimulus, they would help but....... They are not participating. 

If you are questioning that then please call/contact SBTG and ask if the took a small fee from the tax prep service you paid for and the answer will be yes. They won’t help unless they are paid to do so, it’s how they operate 

Does not mean that they won’t participate after all the bashing on them but they did this before in 2008 with THE STIMULUS

Kimmidiato,

What is your position? TT card 👍 or 👎

@Money Binoculars1 

TT free Edition / no fees pulled from return is a guarantee that’s what I can absolutely answer for you. 

All the facts I have lead me to believe it will go onto the ttcard I have especially the statement that the irs made that payments will go to the authorized dd acct on the return. The other fact is that it’s a active acct which also would allow the dd for the stimulus. I’ll continue to believe that’s where it will go and next week everyone will see.

One more note is they would want to be transparent if the payment wouldn’t make it to that account due to the reason for the payment. This isn’t like one in 2008 to stimulate the economy, this is to help people who lost jobs etc. 

@Chris199 

Time will prove it. If you dont accept the answers then I understand 

You are correct and a lot of TT holders will get it next week but not all

I'm just trying to figure out if the check does not go onto the card how long it will take after we input the direct deposit info on the website created. Anyone??

Worst case is you go onto that website the irs is launching on the 17th and input your new info.

I don’t need to wait lol... I already read the facts and know I’ll get the payment in the account the card is linked to. 

I got the advance and I've looked at my 1040 and my account info associated with my turbo card n it all matches up! It wouldn't make sense that the money can't be directly sent to us. After all, we can give that info to our employers to direct deposit our paychecks right?

All I did was opt for TT to deduct my tax prep fee from my refund?????

I don't see how that disqualifies my rtg# & acct# from receiving the stimulus direct deposit???

Again, why are the skeptics always sticking to rules that apply to tax prep fees and tax refund stuff? Why can't it JUST be like the IRS says. They say "If you recvd refundcdir dep then you'll get stimulus dir dep.  That's it. Why all this extra?

Like Chris said, this is supposed to be simple, fast, and emergency. Trump is on the floor and he don't want no Mess!

@Money Binoculars1 

Totally get it. Most will get it, if it were that simple then SBTG would most definitely let you know because they are aware of the heat being put in them. Besides that, it’s not in there interest to participate.

ill get heat because I’m all about Trump but he has noting to do with accounts and how they are set up. The IRS is telling the truth but they haven’t responded to very specific situations. They are answering in general

Imagine the mess it would create if no one got the dd with this card and other tax preparer cards. I can only imagine the amount of people that use these cards vs giving the irs their acct info. The amount of people would be massive and delay the process and defeat the purpose that on top of the fact that nothing truly official states we won’t get the dd on top of seeing some post pics of the notification they got leads me to stick to facts. 

Hello all 

First the turbo tax card is a banking card that get deposits in addition to the ones from your taxes

Second check your taxes from this year to match the account and routing numbers to your turbo tax account

Third the reason for the posting at the it's that some people us promo offer for the refund like getting gift cards turbo tax used to offer that

Fourth this subject also referred to people that got an advance on their return

Fifth your money already went out most bank will not be doing business during the holiday and since Tuesday is likes as the start of next weeks work week

Six turbo wants to publicity which is why they're trying to make this as smooth as possible.

Malano

359985A6-BD5A-477E-B977-131BCF75F5E7.jpeg

@Unleashed1117 sorry if somebody already responded but some people actually have received their stimulus on their turbocard. Just check out the thread on reddit.. Many provided proof as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies