Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lieving
Returning Member

Self employed 1099-NEC by fein

I am self employed and 1/2 the year I was paid to my name by social security #, and the other half by biz name and Federal number. How do I note that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
drkidd1

It depends on info not included. Probably you will complete 2 Schedule Cs, one for income under your SS# and one under the biz FEIN. This assumes that no taxes were withheld from income under the SS# (ie,not an employee) and and secondly, that the you operate as a sole-proprietor as the biz and not an S--corp. Hope that helps.

lieving
Returning Member

I just don’t know how to do a second schedule c

TomD8
Level 15

If you are a sole proprietor, I suggest reporting all your self-employment income & expenses on a single Schedule C.  When you applied to the IRS for your FEIN, you had to provide your SSN on the application.  Therefore the IRS "knows" that the two numbers both belong to you.  Now that your business has an FEIN, I would use that and your business name on the Schedule C.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

I had the same situation in 2021, two 1099-NEC.  I just filed one Schedule C and entered the two incomes separately.  I named them individually.  The sum shows up on the filed form.  Schedule C contains both my Social Security and EIN number.  I also spoke with an accountant who does taxes for a living and he agreed with what I chose. 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, TomD8 is quite right, because you are self-employed and your Schedule C is part of your Form 1040 filing with your SSN, and the EIN application has your SSN on it, you will be fine filing a single Schedule C.  

I would put the business name and EIN in the General Information section of the Schedule C.

Each Form 1099 will be entered separately in the Income section, along with any other income from cash, checks, or pay aps.  Enter each form as it is written.

If you received business income that was not included on a Form 1099, you may enter that in the Add Income section of the Schedule C. Cash App transactions, cash, checks, and other methods of payment can be entered here. 

1. Click on the Add Income button 
  2. Select Other self-employed income, includes cash and checks and Continue.  
  3. Enter a Description, such as Cash App, and the Amount

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies