Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SD-100

I filed my taxes through Credit Karma and did not do anything regarding school district taxes. I’m mailing in my SD-100 form and am just wondering if these forms ever get rejected? I don’t think there is any reason why mine would be rejected, but I am just curious. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

SD-100

It would not likely be rejected, but the tax on it could be adjusted if you didn't prepare the form properly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SD-100

So, here's a big question...I moved to my current city on June 1, but there were complications with moving and we were in limbo between apartments for a couple weeks. I didn't have my job change my address until two weeks into June, but we were living in an apartment in my current town as of June 1. However, because my job still had my old address on file, they didn't start collecting school district taxes until I changed my address. So, there is a period of about two weeks that I didn't get taxed for the school district, due to my address not being changed yet. Do I need to account for that and pay the extra tax ($14) on my SD-100, even though my job did not have record of my address change until two weeks into June? Or, do I just submit the SD-100 with the tax that was collected by my employer and leave it alone since the moving date in the middle of June is what my employer has on file?

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

SD-100

If I were you, I would leave it as is. The amount and gap in time of two weeks is not too material to create a complicated situation than need be.

SD-100

When I fill out the SD-100, do I use June 1 as my partial-year resident start date or June 17 (what my employer has on file)?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

SD-100

The answer by VictorW9 "...If I were you, I would leave it as is. The amount and gap in time of two weeks is not too material to create a complicated situation than need be".  Has provided an answer that provides a resolution to your question.

SD-100

So, does it matter what date I use? I'm not understanding. 

SD-100

I guess what I am asking is: Does it matter whether I put June 1 or June 17 on the SD-100? My employer did not change my address until June 17, but I actually moved on June 1. Due to complications with moving, I lived in another apartment in my current school district for the first two weeks of June, but didn't report it to my employer since it was very temporary. Since my address changed to my current school district as of June 17, school district tax was only collected for half of June instead of the full month.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

SD-100

No, the date does not matter.  To be consistent use the date your employer has in your employment records.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

SD-100

No, it does not matter.  Use the date your employer has in your file June 17 to match your employer records.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies