Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

illyG

Schedule K-1: Can it be entered in TurboTax Deluxe (CD/Download)?

My sister in California did her own taxes for the first time a few days ago. She started with the Free online edition. Once the K-1 came up, she was prompted to upgrade to Premier ($90), so she did. Then she added TurboTax State ($50). So she paid a total of $150.

However, could she have done all of the above for less money using a download version of Deluxe? It's hard to find out what can and can't be done with the different editions of the download TurboTax, but I read somewhere that Schedule K-1 can be entered in any of the download editions. Is that true? If so, she could have paid $80 for Deluxe (State included) and $25 to E-file State, i.e., $105 total.

Why wouldn't TurboTax give her that option when she was first told she had to upgrade? I feel bad for her, especially since I'm the one who recommended TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Schedule K-1: Can it be entered in TurboTax Deluxe (CD/Download)?

Agree. TT is very poor at informing users of options up front. Maybe because of more revenue to Intuit when you find yourself 70% through the process and you'll agree to pay the higher cost to move on at that stage.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies