Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sale Category Chase Imports

I imported my 1099B's from Chase Investments. All of the individual stock transaction show the sale category blank and in red. The 1099B from Chase shows the correct information, A or D. There are hundreds of transactions and would take days to enter manually. What am I doing wrong? I also imported my 1099B from Fidelity with no problems. Jim

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Same problem here.  My Chase tax form groups each category and calls it out in the heading.  I don't see a column for Sale Category for each line item.  No wonder TT can't decipher it.  Also need help not to input each one manually.

Same problem for Edward Jones import.

Bill

kgrabske

Is Intuit going to fix this?  I'm stuck now, unable to complete my tax return.

Not fixed in latest update. Deleted all, re-imported, same problem.

burn2l
Returning Member

Same here ... the Chase pdf groups the short/long trades but the spreadsheet has the data in appropriate columns ... still could be that the format Chase gives to TT is wrong, or TT mishandling it.  Would be nice if we could get it as TXF files.

burn2l
Returning Member

TT support says they hope to have a fix in a couple of days.  It appears to affect TXF imports as well as direct imports.  Although I think we can manually enter a summary of all proceeds & costs for each sale category.

Kermon

Using a TXF file won't help. TurboTax has the same bug with TXF. The "Sale category" is in the TXF and correct, and TurboTax ignores it. Looking forward to a fix. I have a lot of transactions. Manual entry is not an option.

mvftw
Returning Member

Any Update on this. I have 600 entries. I did 300 already and saw this post...

I got impatient and finished my return last week and did not manually update the 160+ line items.  I saw that the totals were correct for the net gain/loss for short and long term.   When Turbotax reviewed the return for errors, it did not identify them as errors.  For my case, I'm fairly sure the totals are accounted for.   I e-filed and already got my refund.  I want to be clear I'm not telling anyone to ignore this glitch and do as I did.  I'm just sharing what I did and that I can defend my case if audited.

mvftw
Returning Member

I wish you said that they fixed the glitch...lol

burn2l
Returning Member

I gave up waiting for the fix that they'd promised within 48 hrs ... shows very poor regression testing since imports worked last year.  I just manually entered summaries of the long/short trades in each of my accounts.

I did the same.

I'm having the exact same problem and tried importing several times before checking here.  Any update from TurboTax on an estimated date to fix would be greatly appreciated as this is one of the main reasons I use it...avoid all the manual entry.  I'm not sure I can use summary entry as I had a few transactions with adjustments for wash sales.  I'd prefer not to have to paper file as that is the other primary reason for TurboTax. @MaryM428 are you able to direct this to an employee tax expert that can help?  This thread has been open for a while with no feedback from the TT team.

I did the summary and when TT executed the Review process, I did have to do only a few manual entries on transactions. If there is no TT fix, perhaps it might be worth trying the Summary method to see if the Review process picks up the wash sales.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies