Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return was rejected for not including a parcel number on Californa Form 593

The paper form 593 asks for the address and parcel number and county in Part II

But Turbo Tax says it's an error to put both the address and the parcel number.
My Calif State return was rejected and the stated reason was for not including a parcel number.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

593.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TT fixed this error a week later with an update . . . still, strange that no one even read this post. It says it has 20 views but all of them were me coming back to see if anyone read or commented on it. Every time you refresh the page the count go up.

I noticed the same Turbo Tax error a few weeks ago where it disallowed the entry of both the property address and the parcel number.  Entering one or the other worked ok.  I retired it today and now it works ok and I am able to enter both.  I'm glad TT fixed the error.

However, Turbo Tax erroneously enters MY name as Remitter Name on the top of Sheet 2 (just before part V) and Sheet 3 (just before LIne 29).  I am not the remitter and TT won't let me correct it.

Yes, It entered my name as well which is wrong. How can TT not know who the remitter is?

I also am not getting notifications that someone replied to this or my other posts even though I have selected "Email me when someone replies"

Sheesh!

Re: wrong "Remitter Name"...

I highlighted the field, used Override feature, and entered the correct Remitter Name (two different places on Form 593).  So far, TT has not flagged it nor changed it back.  Further, I have two 593's, one from the Title Company and the other from the Installment Sale buyer/borrower.  Both 593's had the problem.  I hope to e-file the state return next week.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies