Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmc221920

Rejected Taxes

I have refilled my taxes twice and I keep getting the error message: IND-525 - If 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the value "Self-Select On-Line" and the filing status of the return is married filing jointly and each of the following does not have a value: ['SpecialProcessingLiteralCd' and 'CombatZoneCd' and 'SpecialProcessingCodeTxt' and 'PrimaryDeathDt'], then 'PrimaryBirthDt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database. I have checked all of my information and everything is correct. How do I correct this problem?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Rejected Taxes

I have this same issue!

Rejected Taxes

I had the same issue few minutes ago and I have corrected the primary taxpayerbirthday date.

Rejected Taxes

Did you get this solved? I am getting the same error and all my info is correct too.

ERROR: 

IND-525 - If 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the value "Self-Select On-Line" and the filing status of the return is married filing jointly and each of the following does not have a value: ['SpecialProcessingLiteralCd' and 'CombatZoneCd' and 'SpecialProcessingCodeTxt' and 'PrimaryDeathDt'], then 'PrimaryBirthDt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.

Rejected Taxes

Check your birthday date in all the fields that was required and make sure it is correct.

Rejected Taxes

It’s definitely the birthday in the info section. It was right, then it wasn’t, so just double check both filers birthdays line up as others said. Thanks all!
berlykay

Rejected Taxes

I'm getting the same error.  Tried 4 times.  Everything is correct.  What are my options?  Should I clear and start over?

Rejected Taxes

Same issue here. Filed twice so far, deleted all the birth information and re-entered it. Fingers crossed.

Rejected Taxes

A helpful resource (why intuit doesn't have such useful information is a mystery to me) from eFile.com

https://www.efile.com/how-to-correct-an-irs-efile-tax-return-rejection-error-code/

After you are signed back into your eFile.com account, correct the date of birth on the Personal Information screen (click Name & Address on the left side of your account screen to get there) and re-efile again at no extra charge. If you entered it correctly, please call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at [phone number removed] to verify your data with the SSA's records and get it corrected with the SSA if needed. If you keep getting rejected by the IRS, even if you made the appropriate correction, please call the IRS at 1-800-772-1213 and discuss this in more detail. Or, from your eFile.com account, download, print, sign, and mail in your tax return and follow up with the IRS.

Ricardo1

Rejected Taxes

We received same error and resolved it with several steps:

• We verified with SSA that all information was correct, which it was. This can also be done online by creating an SSA.gov account. Note, the Taxable earned income posted on your SSI does not match the AGI required by TurboTax. I believe these are unrelated numbers and not relevant to this problem. However, something good came out of this; I recommend everyone create and account and learn to monitor their Medicare/Disability benefits and assure their earned income is correct (something that is now high on my personal ToDo List, because SSA seems to have low numbers)
  • I went through ALL Personal Data for Spouse and Kids. I erased the birthday for each, saved, closed, and then returned or reopen to Re-Fill all in correctly and Saved again. Please note, it was all correct in the first place before doing all this, but what can you do...
  • Ultimately, I think the error may have been due to the final step upon submission and related to Electronically Signing the Forms. My wife had entered identical PIN signature numbers for each of us. The system asked that you make them up. I corrected and entered two different signature numbers.

That was it. It was accepted. Good luck all. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies