Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

OR_FederalTaxLiability_SoftwareUpdate_R18_TY21 What does it mean?

Same issue.  Rejected twice this morning.  Need help.

dchristen14
Returning Member

"TurboTax chat with an expert" except when you need actual help for an issue on their side they don't have experts for that

@LindseyLO    any chance you can provide more info than check back?   site says 2/17/22 and obviously still not fixed.....maybe letting social media know will get turbo tax going........

amy101

Hello, can you please let us know if this was fixed today so we can re-file our returns?

@LindseyLO If the timeline for this fix is "end of the week" is there any chance of us being notified somehow when a solution is in place? For those of us who wanted to file already but aren't excited about checking this forum or blindly attempting to re-file as our new main hobby? 🙂

I got thru to support line and was told it's a known issue, has eyes on it and will be fixed by end of week.   I couldn't get support to provide other details other than, "it must be big one if its taking this long"   

Hopefully it will be resolved and none of us will have to snail mail in our OR returns. 

@Jamsz   support rep said we should receive an email when issue is resolved and then walked it back since it sounds to practical.  I know I sound cynical, but this is an issue that should not have happened in the first place...I understand that errors happen... but I'm losing my patience.    wonder if other online tax prep have the issue??

siskiyous
Returning Member

I think the issue is on Oregon's end. It appears to be working with a simple re-file per the instructions. Oregon Revenue Dept doesn't open until 11:00 AM on Thursdays.  I think they stopped doing auto reject on Turbo Tax. What a cluster compounded by ZERO customer support. 

It's really nice how unbelievably useless TurboTax personnel seem to be with this subject! Everyone, except for TurboTax, seems to be able to respond to this subject and the fact that they lied to us. 

simple tax is standard deduction, right?  did you itemize?  either way, I guess it's the 3rd stimulus regardless if you rec'd or not that is causing the issue...   😡

I tried to e-file again last night after 5pm and received a "Your State Return was Accepted" message about four hours later. TurboTax and Oregon must have finally sorted it out. 😁

@morghan Thanks for the update!

Have a good day!

Did the amount of your refund change after the update?

Mine did!

Hello, I have contacted Oregon state revenue regarding. OR_FederalTaxLiability_SoftwareUpdate and it is a known issue going on, however it is with TURBOTAX. There needs to be an update on their end, and if it doesn’t fix, you can file your STATE returns on IRS.gov even though your federal has already been accepted through TurboTax. Hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies