Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is installing the "lldb" developer tool required by TurboTax? This showed up as pop-up while entering capital gains/losses. Will not let me continue unless I install.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Is installing the "lldb" developer tool required by TurboTax? This showed up as pop-up while entering capital gains/losses. Will not let me continue unless I install.

It is a developer debug trap that did not get removed.

I only know of the bug in the ISO interview.

Capital gains?   Exactly what screen are you on?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

TurboTax Mac Crash during Incentive Stock Options

Workaround - do not use the "Guide Me" option. Use the "I'll choose what I will work on" instead.

You can use the "Visit All" for each category (which is the same as Guide Me) except investments (where the bug is).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7288383

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Hinhin

I crash with an attempt to use lldb when trying to continue after purchasing state e-file (Maryland). The screen before crashing is in File->File a Return and says "Let's complete your purchase online" "Select Continue and we'll connect you to our secure online store to finish up your order.".  Clicking "Continue" is where it hangs and the process list shows lldb attached to the process and hanging.

TurboTax Premier 2019, Mac Download, 2019.r14.032 build date Feb 17, 2020Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 3.30.11 PM.png

pennrey

The same thing  happened to me when I hit "transmit" on my state taxes. The only choice was accept it or cancel, so I canceled. I can't remember if that closed the Turbo Tax app, or put me back at the beginning, but next thing I remember is having to leaf through the pages again to arrive at State transmission again, and then it went through normally. It was disturbing to happen at such a crucial stage. I thought it was a scam trying to divert my tax return. This was on 2019 Premier for Mac/ PC. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies