Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

I work for a CPA firm that uses CCH Access software by Thompson Reuters. I looked today to see if Form 8915-F was available to efile and it said was available on Feb 12th. It is possible the Turbo Tax software programmers are way, way behind & using the excuse that the IRS has not completed the form to cover their hind ends. 

jeelma33

I hate to share this but this is the update online: 

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/31/2022 (subject to change) Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-

PURE, UNADULTERATED BULLCRAP...... I jumped ship. lost 99 bucks but filed with FREETAXUSA in an hour with the form and a farm schedule F for FREE and it was already accepted. Seriously - walk away.

Level 2

jeelma33, thank you so much for that information.  I went to FREETAXUSA this morning and efiled my return.   It was beyond easy, and within 15 minutes the Federal has already been accepted!    Zero issues with Form 8915.

And it only cost $14.99 to file (Fed and State included).    For those in this post as frustrated as I was, jeelma33 is right....GET OUT!   

The form is already available for TurboTax Online. I just used it and the questions for 8915F are there.

Level 2

Yes, the form is there and everything looks good, right?    Now when you try to file your taxes (after they take your money)  they will notify you that they can't actually file your return until the IRS accepts form 8915, which is complete BS.

I tried twice getting a refund and denied.   They claim once you decide to file there is no going back.   Well, if they would have told me I couldn't file because of this 8915 delay I never would have paid.   What a shameful/deceitful company.     

It is not yet available for this year it says available to file 3-2-23.  And this is just something with turbo tax because the other online tax services already have it.  But, no worries because luckily this is the last year I have to use this form and then I am done with turbo tax and I help about 30 people file their taxes and have always recommended turbo but I’m taking them with me and we will file somewhere else in future 

Well then Turbo should work harder to get whatever needs to be done to satisfy their customers.  Bunch of mess when all the other online tax services tax act free tax he block all have the form available yet y’all don’t.  I’m sorry this is beyond ridiculous.  I have been with turbo since 2009 but this will be MY LAST YEAR and I am taking my 30 friends with me!! Shame on you Turbo Tax your IT department or whomever does it should work round clock to get it done 

wow..  that's horrible.  They should say so beforehand. Thanks for the heads up. I'll use TaxAct. Bye Bye TurboTax

Ombatay
Returning Member

Is there any way to force an update if the form is available in turbotax online? Is this a Mac thing? I keep getting the same error, date being continually pushed back. My taxes have been done and waiting to file for almost a month now and the date is pushed back every time I check. Very frustrating.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I need to file this form, I paid back the CARES act loan entirely before filing taxes last year. Do I need to file this form to say I paid it back in a previous year or can I just skip it?

Level 2

Here is a summary of what's going on for those new to this forum:

TT leads you to believe 8915 is ready to go by letting you plug in the numbers.   So far, so good.   When it comes time to file your taxes, you will pay Turbo Tax.   Upon filing, TT will then notify you that there is an IRS issue with Form 8915 and your taxes cannot be filed until X date.    Now you are frustrated, but you wait and wait and wait.   Meanwhile, this date keeps getting pushed farther into the future.    You decide to bail, and want a refund.   Too late, TT will not refund your money.    Why?    Here's why.   According to TT, they WILL file your taxes, you're just not being patient enough.   Never mind you were lead to believe all was well with Form 8915 prior to your payment.   But this is your problem, you're just not patient.

I think you got them to change. I went through all the prompts and they informed me about the 8915 prior to charging me. 

I agree. I've had my children start using it as they've become income earners. This really stinks. It was a trusted resource for so many years for me. 

Level 2

If you're interested in filing your taxes immediately and not waiting for TT, go to FreeTaxUSA.  I filed this morning and they were accepted.  This is not an IRS issue, this is a TT software programming issue.  Further, my experience is TaxSlayer is also delaying as well.  I would totally understand if all tax filing services were truly waiting for the IRS green light on Form 8915,  but I don't believe that is the case.  So TT took my money and wanted me to wait a month+ to file.  I was not satisfied with that, tried to get a refund, and was refused...twice.  

I was sick of waiting for TurboTax and went to FreetaxUSA and filed today with no issues. I have been using TurboTax for 10 years and definitely will not be using it anymore, especially with the FreetaxUSA being significantly cheaper for me. Bye TurboTax!👋🏻

Like others have mentioned, go over to FreeTaxUSA. I was in and out of there in under 15 minutes and had I not paid for the "deluxe"option, it would have been free. I will never use TurboTax again even though I won't have to use the 8915-F form again. I'm tired of paying a premium price for a less than premium service. I'm going to make sure I have copies of all my returns and then close my account. Good riddance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies