turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hmariecrystal
Returning Member

If I used Santa Barbara TPG for last years refund, will the 2nd stimulus be mailed to me? How is TurboTax handling this situation? H and R block paid it's customers.

How is TurboTax correcting this issue? If there is not correction, I will be using another tax preparation service.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

If I used Santa Barbara TPG for last years refund, will the 2nd stimulus be mailed to me? How is TurboTax handling this situation? H and R block paid it's customers.

If your status says "unavailable" on the Get My Payment website, then it is likely that the direct deposit of your stimulus payment was affected by the recent IRS processing error. We've worked tirelessly with the IRS over the last couple of days to make sure they have the correct account information on file and they are making a second direct deposit attempt within the next few days.   

If you have not received your payment by January 15, 2021, AND your status remains "unavailable" at Get My Payment, then you will claim your credit when you file your 2020 tax return.  

We know that this stimulus is important to you and your family and we are committed to getting you your money. You can find the most up to date information at IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus and TurboTax Updates on the Second Stimulus.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hmariecrystal
Returning Member

Okay. I did not the second email that you guys sent out confirming a deposit. I did direct deposit last years taxes. I moved to a different state but still have the same bank account information. Does me moving effect my stimulus getting direct deposit?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It shouldn't if you have the same account with the same bank routing number.  But in a worst-case scenario where your account cannot be direct deposited and a check or debit card cannot be mailed to you, then a taxpayer must claim the stimulus as additional refund on their 2020 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies