turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gkangarlu

I purchased the turbotax deluxe cd and don't know how to connect it to my online account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased the turbotax deluxe cd and don't know how to connect it to my online account

what exactly are you trying to do?  

@gkangarlu  wrote:  "I purchased the turbotax deluxe cd and don't know how to connect it to my online account."

You appear to be using Live Basic.  That's an upgraded paid version of Free Edition that has live help from a CPA/EA expert on demand during return preparation and a final review of your return.  Live Basic has a promo right now and is free if filed by March 28.   Otherwise, after March 28 it will return to it's paid price of $80 for Federal and $45 for state.

You cannot "connect " the Deluxe CD to your online account in order to pay any fees for Online TurboTax.  Those are 2 different products with different capabilities and included features.    Did you prepare your return Online instead of using your installed CD?

We can tell you how to download the *.tax2019 data file you started online and finish it in your installed desktop software.   Or did you want to get a refund for the CD?

Or if that's not what you meant, then please explain more about what you are doing.

What if you are just trying to connect to my online taxes that I submitted last year in order to load that information into my tax filings for this year.  In order to start my taxed that I bought online from Best Buy.
I don't want to manually put in all this information and the reason I have been using this same system for 8 years. 

@ J8612096 wrote:

What if you are just trying to connect to my online taxes that I submitted last year in order to load that information into my tax filings for this year.  In order to start my taxed that I bought online from Best Buy.
I don't want to manually put in all this information and the reason I have been using this same system for 8 years. 

So you have desktop software for 2019, but used Online TurboTax last year for 2018?

If you prepared your 2018 return in Online TurboTax,  you can download the *.tax2018 data file from your online account.   Then when you start your 2019 return in the desktop software you bought from Best Buy, it can transfer from the 2018 data file into your 2019 return.

To download the *.tax2018 data file, log into your Online TurboTax account.  At the Tax Home scroll down to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Expand that section and choose tax year 2018.   Then choose to download the *.tax2018 data file.    If you are using Windows, the best place to put it is in the \Documents\TurboTax folder, which is the default folder for TurboTax data files in the Windows version.

If using the Windows version of TurboTax, when you launch TurboTax, choose to start a new tax return.  It will churn a bit looking for any *.tax2018 data file.  If it finds it, it will ask you if you want to transfer it into your 2019 return.    If it doesn't find it, you can use the Browse feature on that screen to open a file directory popup and point TurboTax to the location where you placed the downloaded *.tax2018 data file.   As I mentioned above, if you placed it in the default directory I stated, that's the easiest place for the TurboTax program to find it.

If you're using a Mac, the steps to transfer in the *.tax2018 data file are a little different.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies