Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m married but being separated of my husband for 3 years. To continue with my taxes is asking me for my husband SSN and he does not want to give it to me. Eat can I do?

I don’t remember either his birthday year
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I’m married but being separated of my husband for 3 years. To continue with my taxes is asking me for my husband SSN and he does not want to give it to me. Eat can I do?

You will need to print and file your return by mail if you cannot obtain your spouse's information.  

Without the Social Security number, electronic filing will not be possible.  Also, you may need to ignore the error messages that will warn you about the missing information and simply print the return anyway.  

You may want to include a cover letter with your return stating the reason that the information is missing.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about prior year returns?       you may even be able to access them from the IRS website after registering.  i have provided a link for what you'll need. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

once registered you'll be able to access transcripts of prior-year returns which should have your spouse's info unless you been filing without it for those years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies