Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rokon20

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I just received federal rejection for : FDI_8615Line7Box_ErrorHold - This return was placed on hold due to calculation issues found in Form 8615. can't find way to fix

I follow fix my return link and it doesn't change anything? Just goes directly back to refile? It says i visited all the reject errors when I hadn't?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
RBob27

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I just received federal rejection for : FDI_8615Line7Box_ErrorHold - This return was placed on hold due to calculation issues found in Form 8615. can't find way to fix

I am having the same exact issue. I attempted to fix the error but the return was rejected again.

KR3W
Level 1

I had same issue yesterday.  Fix didn't change anything, yet form was rejected again when I resubmitted.  Logged in today and no updates to any forms.  I went over the forms, and can't find the error.  For my child, it is better if I elect "no" to the question of whether I would like to use the Pre-TCJA rules.  Don't know what to do except mail in the return.  Any ideas?

I just got off with the “customer service” which is a horrible process. But after 52 minutes most of which was listen to her click and read the same stuff I had for the last 2 days....

Here’s the official explanation:

The form TurboTax (8615) was wrong 😡. They updated with the latest IRS form and say that we can resubmit on the 19th, but also would suggest we wait 24-48 hours to make sure the right form is in place to resubmit! So they are trying to say that the IRS changed the form mid tax season and it’s their fault?? Or, we f@cked up and will have it fixed in 24-48 hours 🤣

I have the same problem. I talk to an "expert"--his name is "Cody" who was extremely rude and condescending. Said all I needed to do is run the error check and resubmit--AGAIN! Very frustrating to learn this is an ongoing issue and they simply assume it is the users ignorance and nothing is the problem with the software. 

EJ37
Returning Member

When you refile, it appears as though you need to pay again at the state level?  

NOOOO, this is my first year with TT and I have to say: I DO NOT RECOMMEND

EJ37
Returning Member

I have used it for years and never had a problem.  This year however I have this problem and the help is useless.  Giant waste of time and I am no closer to fixing this than I was 2 hours ago

BrianP2

The issue is that Line 7 is calculated with Schedule J due to the child having some capital gains or qualified dividends and the box is checked indicating that.  If you look at the line 7 tax calculation sheet it goes through and uses the tax table to calculate the tax.  My child has a small difference which is being rejected by IRS since the Line 7 calculation does not match the number on line 7.  This is clearly a Turbo Tax issue.  

Same issue here. Got the rejection notice that said Turbo Tax would walk you through the fix. I went back to TT and clicked "help me fix it" and it showed that everything was fine. When I resubmitted, it was rejected again. TT please fix this ASAP.

I received rejection 3/16.  Installed new updates 3/20 and resubmitted only to receive another rejection too.k

Interestingly, I see TWO Line 7 Tax Computation Worksheets with 2 different results on line 26.  Both have asterisks on line 2 with a footnote about "see cross-reference for calculation changes"  No idea what that means.  

Turbo Tax help us!!

I had the same issue and called TurboTax today. They said the issue is on the IRS side and to wait a week to refile in order to give the IRS time to update their system.

Just reviewed line-by-line and Turbo Tax entered $200 as instructed on the computation worksheet.  I have to admit, this seems like an IRS issue.  But when will they fix it?

davidho98
Returning Member

Fixed after download 3/20/2020 update. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

As noted above, please try to do a manual update. See the directions listed below:

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

What is a manual update?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies