turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DCman1

I got taxes from cash app

Hey I got taxes from cash app and I really need to know if I can file them it’s real w-2’s 1099-B from 2018-2020 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

I got taxes from cash app

Tax reporting documents are divided by the year you receive them. Each taxpayer is only able to file one tax return per year, so if they receive additional documentation after they file their return, they have to amend the previously filed return to include it in the total return for the taxpayer.

If you receive tax reporting documents for 2018 that have not previously been included in your tax return filed, then you will need to amend your 2018 return and include them.  2018 is a closed tax year and electronic filing is no longer allowed in TurboTax, so you will need to paper file it using the TurboTax software.

If you receive tax reporting documents for 2019 that have not previously been included in your tax return filed, then you will need to amend your 2019 return and include them. 2019 is a closed tax year and electronic filing is no longer allowed in TurboTax, so you will need to paper file it using the TurboTax software.

If you receive tax reporting documents for 2020 that have not previously been included in your tax return filed for that year, then you will need to either include them on an original income tax return or amend your 2020 return and include them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies