Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I forwarded my return to Turbotax for an anonymous review. I was given a number...How will I hear back from them? Any thoughts on calling?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

I forwarded my return to Turbotax for an anonymous review. I was given a number...How will I hear back from them? Any thoughts on calling?

Are you using TurboTax Live? 
If so, there should be a chat function within the product for you to use. 
Is the number you're referring a phone number? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@GabiUIt sounds to me that the taxpayer asked for an Offline Review. If he/she did and did not receive the email of the review, then how would the taxpayer follow up?

Hopefully the taxpayer comes back with more information.

@BMcCalpin wrote:

It sounds to me that the taxpayer asked for an Offline Review. If he/she did and did not receive the email of the review, then how would the taxpayer follow up?

Hopefully the taxpayer comes back with more information.

The email that a review is finished just tells a user that there is a response from the Expert and to sign into their online account.  It can then be found at the Tax Home, or by going to the Expert Help link and choosing to review messages from the expert.

You appear be using Free Edition (at least that is what is listed underneath your question.)  Did you indicate the correct product?   Free Edition does not have the "Live TurboTax" feature with a tax expert, so that's confusing. 

Please explain exactly what product and feature you are using, and what you mean by "anonymous" review.  Is is a Live TurboTax expert review, or were you having a technical issue and submitted a diagnostic file of your return with all the personal info stripped out of it?    That technical evaluation also provides a number called a "token" that you are supposed to then provide to Support so they can access the uploaded diagnostic copy.  

We don't know what kind of review you are referring to and what kind of number you referred to in your question.   So please explain your situation more.    And please clarify what product you are using--Online TurboTax (and which edition), or the desktop software (CD/download).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies