Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do'nt know my Ex-Spouse SSN and his Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) But TurboTax requires these information to file 2019 Tax return, How Can I proceed no contact with him?

I am preparing 2019 Tax return as Married but filing separately as our divorce is still with court and I do'nt know my Ex-Spouse SSN and his Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) But TurboTax  requires these information to file 2019 Tax return, How Can I proceed as my Ex-spouse in not willing to give these details?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do'nt know my Ex-Spouse SSN and his Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) But TurboTax requires these information to file 2019 Tax return, How Can I proceed no contact with him?

all you can do is paper file and attach an explanation that your spouse would not provide his social security number.  also provide his full name and address,     getting a transcript of your joint(?) 2018 won't work because only the last 4 digits of his SSN are shown. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

all you can do is paper file and attach an explanation that your spouse would not provide his social security number.  also provide his full name and address,     getting a transcript of your joint(?) 2018 won't work because only the last 4 digits of his SSN are shown. 

Thanks

"our divorce is still with the court"

I'm just a fellow user and no legal expert, but it seems to me that if your divorce is in court, then if you have a lawyer, you can ask your lawyer to demand the info from his lawyer.   I would suspect that his lawyer would then tell him to comply (hopefully.)

I did but no luck so far as there are many cross questions, apparently family lawyer has no jurisdiction on tax related matters.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies