kaylajj1123

I am filing single and not claiming my children as their father claimed them. However for part of the year last year we did live together do I still include my child’s name on my return And just

macuser_22

Who did the children live with for the longer part of the year but more than half the year  (more then 183 nights)?

kaylajj1123

Both of us, he moved in a month after they were born. The boys are the same age as they are twins, their father claim them on taxes. Just curious if I include their name and that someone else claim them on their taxes. Or if I leave their names off completely

macuser_22

If you live together then only one parent can claim a child and all the credits.   The child should not be on the other parents tax return at all.