Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report interest income without a 1099-INT? TurboTax keeps requiring me to enter an FEIN, even though I did not receive a 1099-INT.

I did not hit the $10 minimum required for an institution to send a 1099-INT. All answers say to report it as if I did receive a 1099-INT. However, TurboTax will not let me leave the FEIN blank when I report this income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How do I report interest income without a 1099-INT? TurboTax keeps requiring me to enter an FEIN, even though I did not receive a 1099-INT.

You can call customer service at the institution and ask for their FEIN.  If you received any statements from the institution during 2019 it will have the FEIN on it, also a copy of a past year 1099-DIV from the same institution will have the FEIN. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Similar question: How do I report $7 interest from a bank account when no 1099-INT was generated or reported?

@Tim in San Diego wrote:

Similar question: How do I report $7 interest from a bank account when no 1099-INT was generated or reported?

You still enter it in the 1099-INT interview.   If a screen with logos is asking you if you want to import it, leave that bank/institution line blank and at the bottom right, choose "I'll type it in myself."   On a subsequent screen you can name the bank and amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies