Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re: How do I enter rental property sale information in Turbotax Premier 2023?

Yes in the "Your Property Assets" screen, it lists the depreciation assets that I entered as part of the property, including the initial purchase of the asset, the refinancing fees, etc.

It says "Select Edit to answer a few more questions if either of these apply:
Stopped using an asset listed here in 2023"

So I selected edit for my asset. The software shows the next screen as

"Review Information" screen for my asset, continue

Next screen is "Did you stop using this asset in 2023?" With instruction of "Select Yes if the item was Sold". So I selected Yes and continued to the next screen.

The next screen is "Disposition Information". I entered Date of Sale or Disposition, and continue.

The next screen is "Special Handling Required?" With Select Yes if any of these conditions describes your situation: "This asset was a rental, ..." with Learn more help shows

"...
You report the sale of the entire home, including the rental or home office, in the "Sale of Your Home section". To enter the sale information, select Topic List in the toolbar at the top of the screen, scroll to "Other Common Income". Answer the questions on the screens until you get to the "Sold a Home" topic."

Since it's my rental, so I selected Yes.

The next screen is Depreciation Deduction Amount, and says We'll transfer this amount to the correct form for you. With only continue action.

Once I continue, the software returns me to the Your Property Assets screen.

The "Sale of Your Home section" per the Learn more help is no where to be found? How do I enter the sale information?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Re: How do I enter rental property sale information in Turbotax Premier 2023?

@Frankz650  do you still need help on this ?  Are you using  On-Line version or  desktop Windows version ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies