Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Klemens

How do I adjust the amount on line 19a of Form 8960 in Turbotax Business

I have to report a different value for the adjusted gross income  on line 19a of Form 8960 in Tax 1041 as I use Turbotax Business, but the software does not allow me to change that value.  Please advise how I can change that value as I had more deduction listed on line 15a as other deduction.  Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

See https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8960#en_US_2022_publink10003499

You should not have to make an adjustment, but the only way to do so in TurboTax Business is to do a hard override.

Klemens

Thank you for your very fast response. 

Since I have listed many deduction listed on line 15a of 1041 and my taxable income become zero on line 22, but in form 8960 line 19a still listed my original income amount before deduction. Therefore I want to change this value to reflect the net investment income as zero.

When you say "hard override" do you mean I have to print it out and change the value by hand? How can I change in the software so I can file it electronically?

What is your AGI on your 1041? Your deductions should reduce that as well and an adjustment on Line 19a should not be required.

Klemens

I have income from line 5 to total on line 9, deduction on line 15a to offset all the income, exemption -100 on line 21, and net income is -100 on line 22. Form 8960 line 19a still populated my income the same as in line 5.  That's why I want to make adjustment.

Form 8960 Line 19a is pulled from Line 17 of your 1041.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies