Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cheungk1

How can I get a head start on next year's (2023) taxes as a means of tax planning?

I am retired and my income is somewhat predictable.  So, I wish to do some trial runs throughout the year to see what my situation will be.  Thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

How can I get a head start on next year's (2023) taxes as a means of tax planning?

TurboTax has a tool called TaxCaster to give you an idea of your tax liability and/or refund. You can vary different items and see how that could impact your return. Click here for TaxCaster

There are additional tools at the bottom of the page. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
patnjeff

Chenuk1

I use the previous year's TurboTax, open a new return, go to 1040 form, and force entry expected bottom line values.

best    jeff 

cheungk1

patnjeff,

That's what I was expecting I have to do but everytime I login, it only give me access to my completed 2022 tax return.  There is no option for me to start a new one - even for 2022.  

ee-ea
Level 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies