turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GeorgeM

home caregiver expenses

are caregiver expenses for my wife still deductible ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AJ
Level 6

home caregiver expenses

I'm guessing that nobody is answering because your question is too broad. You would need to include additional information. For example, is your wife receiving care; or she giving care; or is she paying for care for someone else?  Also some information for the types of expenses need to be specified.  For example, who is paying what to whom and for what purpose; is expense for medical care for a sick person; or is expense for day care so someone can go to work; and is care for a person who is your dependent or for someone who is not a dependent; or is expense for some other type of situation where person might still be a qualifying person for medical care? If you have been deducting expenses in the past, then the new tax law will likely still permit very similar/same options to put the deduction into the tax return. However, the new rules might not provide you with the same effects as you saw last year due to other changes in exemptions, change in the standard deduction, and a variety of other changes/limitations for Schedule A deductions.  Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

mrtookies

home caregiver expenses

Wife is 83 years old.  She is not bed ridden but needs help in all aspects and when sent home from short care health hospice I was told she needed 24 hour help.  I have a back that has been operated on twice and cant move her around so I have been paying a person to come in and help me with her.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies