Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit - second home

I have a vacation home that is only used by me and wife.  We purchased a energy efficient electric heat pump in 2023.  I believe that we are eligible for the residence energy credit.  How do I input this into turbo tax 2023?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

This section of the program is currently being updated.  Please use this link to receive notificiations.  You will be notified as the issue is resolved. 

Once the issue is resolved, you will be able to enter this information in TurboTax.

1. Log into your program and go to Deductions & Credits.
  2. Scroll down to the section titled Your Home.
  3. You will see Home Energy Credits.  Select start/revisit in this section.
  4. Follow the prompts to enter your information as applicable.

@kengipp2024 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same issue here. Doesnt seem to be working properly according to the IRS instructions for this.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers may be experiencing an issue with their energy improvements not qualifying for home energy tax credits when they are made to a second home or not made to their “main home,” even when some of the energy improvements should qualify. 

This section of TurboTax is currently being updated.  Please use this link to receive notifications.  You will be notified as the issue is resolved. 

Once the issue is resolved, you will be able to enter this information in TurboTax.

1. Log into your program and go to Deductions & Credits.
  2. Scroll down to the section titled Your Home.
  3. You will see Home Energy Credits.  Select start/revisit in this section.
  4. Follow the prompts to enter your information as applicable.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi @MonikaK1, do you know when this will be updated. It’s been WEEKS since turbo tax released this form and first acknowledged this issue. The most recent notice from Turbo Tax currently live about this issue is a week old. https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/energy-tax-credits-deductions/energy-imp...
There was also a notice about it posted before that one above that was taken down. 

I checked H&R Block software and theirs is working correctly.  I’ve used turbo tax for years, so it would be a shame to switch over, but I’m not sure what choice I have at this point if a fix isn’t coming soon or if Turbo Tax won’t even acknowledge a potential fix date. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies