Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Economic Impact Payment

@Kiznykoiner no dashes.  just digits.

Economic Impact Payment

It took me multiple tries. I have been locked out multiple times. Today i got in on the irs get my payment. Please please please listen.  CHECK YOUR RETURN. Make sure your address is exactly typed in as on the tax return zip code if its 33333-333 do it exactly as it shows on return ss # has no - between numbers bday 00/00/0000 . Once your in check the ? Marks make sure you look at your return as they ask no , no . With the nimbers every little mistake will get you kicked another 24 hours.  I got mine exactly right today and my return is being deposited

Economic Impact Payment

@Cj7272 Do you have a foreign address, with a format different from the one suggested on the app? I wrote mine exactly how it was written on my return and others copy and pasted their addresses and still, we get blocked.

Economic Impact Payment

@icansing 

Were you able to access the app using a foreign address? I’m curious as to whether foreign addresses can be used if they don’t have the same format as U.S. addresses.

Economic Impact Payment

Hello, 

It's the same for me - foreign address, with a different format than US addresses. However, I've copied the address and info EXACTLY how it is from my tax returns, and I still get the error, that my info doesn't match theirs.

Economic Impact Payment

I also live overseas and filed with a foreign address. There is no information available as to how people, with non-US addresses, can use the IRS tool. I just want to know my payment status and if using Turbo Tax caused a problem,

but even if I copy and paste my address, I get locked out.

Economic Impact Payment

Well, at least I'm not alone. lol   It's quite frustrating atm. Plus, once / if the checks are sent out, we don't really have a way to trace where they are sent (as our foreign addresses don't seem to "match" their info). 

Economic Impact Payment

Further, there seems to be conflicting information. This link states that the IRS hasn't specified if US Residents living overseas qualify for the payment or not:

https://th.usembassy.gov/faqs-economic-impact-payment/

However, I know friends of mine living overseas (just like me) have received the payments already, and other sites have said that those who use the foreign earned income option on their returns DO qualify for the payment. 

Economic Impact Payment

Having the same problem haven't been able to find a solution yet

Economic Impact Payment

@05mmjjoonn_50 

I have a US address.  But it seems like the Address fields do accomodate for foreign address entries judging from the screen; I expanded the address help ? to show the help prompt.  I guess you need to be consistent with what you input in the actual Federal return or actually what's in record with the IRS.  Good luck in this difficult time.Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.45.46 AM.png

Economic Impact Payment

Okay for the last week I have been having the same issue what you have to do is when it's saying your enter your refund amount you are only to enter your federal amount and not your state if you click the? That is above the line it will tell you where it is located on your 1040 tax form I finally was able to enter my TurboTax account information by entering my federal return before I was entering my state and my federal but you are only to enter your federal return finally I got through good luck and let me know if this work

Economic Impact Payment

Thank you so much. I was not entering my information exactly as how it was on my tax form. I did that and now got a message saying that my stimulus payment will be deposited on April 22nd. Thank you so much for your post!!! 

Economic Impact Payment

@icansing Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this format is impossible, even when I copy and paste my address directly from my return. However, I do recognize that US expats are in the minority and the formatting just isn't geared towards us. That being said, take care and stay healthy!

Economic Impact Payment

I have same issue. Foreign address. Been trying to get into the 'Get My Payment' app for 3 days and tried various address formats including what is printed in my tax return doc. Not sure what address format IRS has on file and what format TurboTax sent.. 

Economic Impact Payment

I am STILL getting "Payment Status Not Available."

What am I supposed to do?

Can someone help?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies