Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-filing keep getting rejected with this error "IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."

Hi,

My E-filing [turbotax premier CD for MAC] keep getting rejected with this error "IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."

Myself and my wife filed married jointly in 2018 using CPA with SSN.

Filing for 2019 married jointly using turbotax now, but keep getting this error "IND-032-04".

Tried all these but no luck :-

1. Tried Same AGI [Adjusted gross income] what we quoted together against SpousePriotYearAGIAmt ----> No luck

2. Tried 0 against SpousePriotYearAGIAmt. ----> No luck

3. Tried Same AGI [Adjusted gross income] what we quoted together against SpousePriotYearAGIAmt and also same 5 digit PIN our CPA used for us last time. ----> No luck

If anybody knows how to fix this issue please let me know.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

E-filing keep getting rejected with this error "IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."

If you filed jointly in 2018 then there is only one AGI that is the same for both spouses.    Either there was something wrong with the way 2018 was filed or there is an error on the IRS database.

You can check what the IRS has by getting a transcript.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you do not find any error then the only option is to print and mail file.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Yes i tried that also already. Got the transcript from IRS and confirmed it had the same AGI value as i have entered for e-filing now. So i am totally blocked for online filing for now :( 

Unfortunately the IRS AGI database is historically unreliable.    That is why they went to the filing pin method several years ago.     Hackers and ID thieves figured out how to use fake filing pins so the IRS discontinued that so now we are back to the unreliable AGI method again.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

i tried e-filing more than 3 times and it failed on all these attempts with same error mentioned in this thread.

Is it true that IRS will automatically reject after 3 failure attempts & we can do only manual filing after that ?

@sjegatheesan wrote:

i tried e-filing more than 3 times and it failed on all these attempts with same error mentioned in this thread.

Is it true that IRS will automatically reject after 3 failure attempts & we can do only manual filing after that ?

The IRS did reject with a unique reject code after 5 failures but I have not seen that reject for a couple of years now.

If the error is in the IRS database then there is nothing that you can do to correct it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies