Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does anyone know if TurboTax 2020 supports conservation easement deductions? Which version - deluxe? Think had read somewhere that earlier erosions don’t Thanks Hemant

Conservation easement is a non cash charitable contribution
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Does anyone know if TurboTax 2020 supports conservation easement deductions? Which version - deluxe? Think had read somewhere that earlier erosions don’t Thanks Hemant

You need form 8283,  Noncash Charitable Contributions to report those contributions on your tax return. This form is available in the desktop version of TurboTax, which you can download online or purchase from a retailer. 

You need to use the Forms icon on your menu screen in TurboTax, then Open Form, then type in 8283 to access the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I enter the information on 8283? Turbotax deluxe is not letting me enter information directly on the form and I don't see an option in easy step

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

A conservation easement contribution is a "Charitable Donation" (non-cash).

Enter it in the Charitable Donation interview as an "Other Intangible item" (see attached sample screenshot). Enter Enter "donation" in the Search window and select "Go to Donations" from the search results.

The answers to the interview will generate Form 8283.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies