Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lanigm

Do i need manually fill out the Employee Stock Transaction Worksheet? I provided all of this information already and those entries did not get submitted to the worksheet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Do i need manually fill out the Employee Stock Transaction Worksheet? I provided all of this information already and those entries did not get submitted to the worksheet.

You can use the summary figures from the form 1099-B you received (choose the radio button for "I'll enter a summary for each sales category" to do this), and indicate in TurboTax that you are mailing a copy of the statement to the IRS -

TurboTax will then generate a Form 8453, to which a copy of the form must be attached.

To do this in TurboTax, 

• In your open Federal return, choose Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to Investment Income and Show more
  • Start or Revisit Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  • Add a sale and answer Yes, you got a brokerage statement. 
  • On the next page "Choose your bank or brokerage," scroll down and select "I'll type it in myself."
  • Enter your brokerage name and Continue
  • on the page "Tell us about your Brokerage 1099-Bchoose the radio button for "I'll enter a summary for each sales category."  (If you need more info at any time, select Learn More.)

This will generate the required Form 8453.  In limited situations, the forms are not required to be mailed.  TurboTax will notify you if this applies in your case.

skgeorge108
Returning Member

Hello there

Go to FEDERAL TAXES tap in Ttax, click on Wages and Income tap.  go to Investment income section of the screen.  Either import 1099-B tax doc or enter it manually options are available to you . hope this helps.

Samir

skgeorge108

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies